In today's building materials market, more and more polyurethane can be seen. Polyurethane is a very versatile material, but many people do not understand what polyurethane is and what it does. In response to this situation, we have compiled the following information to provide you with popular science.
What is polyurethane? Polyurethane is the general name of macromolecular compounds containing repeating urethane groups on the main chain. It is made by addition polymerization of organic diisocyanate or polyisocyanate with dihydroxy or polyhydroxy compound. Polyurethane material is very versatile and can replace rubber, plastic, nylon, etc. It can be used in airports, hotels, building materials, automobile factories, senior apartments, villas, garden beautification, parks, etc.
The role of polyurethane: Polyurethane can be used to make plastics, rubber, fibers, rigid and flexible foams, adhesives, and coatings. It can be used in various fields of people's lives and has a wide range of applications.
1. Polyurethane foam material: divided into rigid polyurethane foam, semi-rigid polyurethane foam and soft polyurethane foam material. Rigid polyurethane foam is mainly used for building insulation materials, thermal insulation materials (heat insulation for piping facilities, etc.), daily necessities (mattresses for beds, sofas, etc., insulation layers for refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.) and core materials for surfboards, etc. ), and means of transportation (seats, ceilings, etc. for automobiles, airplanes, and railway vehicles).
2. Polyurethane elastomer: Polyurethane elastomer has good tensile strength, tear strength, impact resistance, wear resistance, weather resistance, hydrolysis resistance, oil resistance and other advantages. Mainly used as coating materials (such as protection of hoses, gaskets, wheels, rollers, gears, pipes, etc.), insulators, shoe soles and solid tires.
3. Polyurethane waterproof material: The use of polyurethane waterproof material is quite convenient. It can be mixed and coated on site to be cured at room temperature with moisture to obtain a waterproof layer with no seams, rubber elasticity and good performance. And easy to repair after damage. Generally used as paving materials, track and field materials, racetracks, park ground materials, thermal insulation window frames, etc.
4. Polyurethane coating: Polyurethane coating has strong adhesion, and the coating film has excellent wear resistance, water resistance and chemical resistance. Mainly used in furniture coatings, building material coatings and industrial printing inks.
5. Polyurethane adhesive: It is possible to adjust the performance of the cured product by adjusting the ratio of isocyanate and polyol, so that it can achieve a high degree of adhesion to the substrate, excellent water resistance, oil resistance and chemical resistance. Polyurethane adhesives are mainly used in packaging, construction, wood, automotive, shoemaking and other industries.
6. Biomedical materials: Polyurethane has excellent biocompatibility, so it is gradually widely used as biomedical materials. It can be used in the manufacture of artificial heart pacemakers, artificial blood vessels, artificial bones, artificial esophagus, artificial kidneys, artificial dialysis membranes, etc.
The above is the information about the polyurethane materials we have compiled for everyone. You can purchase the material according to your actual needs.